The Sheriff's Court Services Division is in charge of security
at all County courthouses.
All persons and their property are searched prior to
entry or re-entry into the courthouse
- Security officers, under the supervision of a Sheriff peace officer supervisor, staff the metal
detectors at courthouse entrances and provide general security for the court complex
- Weapons of any sort are confiscated and the owner arrested for possession of a weapon in a
courthouse (171 Penal Code)
- Any item that may be potentially used as a weapon is restricted from entry
- Restricted items such as scissors, fingernail files and the like will be held for safe keeping by
Security Officers and returned upon leaving the building
- Property receipts are issued for all items held for safe keeping
- Security officers serve as the depository for "Lost and Found" items found in the courthouse
- Deputy sheriffs serve as bailiffs and maintain order in the courtrooms.
- Any person who disrupts the courtroom is subject to ejection from the court and/or arrest
- Persons inappropriately attired are subject to exclusion or ejection from the courtroom
- All photographing, recording and televising of courtroom proceedings must be approved by written
- Deputy sheriffs staff the courthouse lockups.
- There is no provision for inmate visitation at the
Click www.lasd.org for the Inmate Information
Click Courthouse Locator
for driving directions and other helpful information for each courthouse.